Official inPLURwetrust LOGO

Official inPLURwetrust LOGO

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

ProjectX Reviews: LIL JON at Pacha NYC

What do you expect when you hear that LIL JON is performing at Pacha. I didn't know what to expect! So as always, I went on Instgram and hastaged #liljon. That didn't really help, in fact it didn't help at all. I mean unless you didn't know LIL JONS hit song "Turn Down for What" then you'd be in for a surprise. 
Any who let me start off by giving him the benefit of the doubt being that EDM is not his initial genre BUT let me keep it funky, "that will be my first and last time seeing LIL JON perform". 
!!Readers, please keep in mind this is my own opinionated blog!! 
I am very open to hearing DJ's I've never seen before rock out and very excited when a DJ I've never heard before becomes a favorite on my list (cough cough Henry Fong).  Unfortunately, that night, LIL JON did not create a fan in me.
It was kind of like watching the warm up act go on before the main DJ especially when you hear someone who saw LIL JON perform before compare him to DJ SNAKE.  
However, he did hype the crowd a few times with his fog effects and champagne spray! Not to mention the three free bottles of Champagne he gave to a few lucky ones in the front as well as the free shots he gave out when he dropped his hit song "Shots" by LMFAO. He also bought everyone who was standing at the bar free shots on him! Bahaha! He makes sure there is a lot of "twerkin" going on. You can say he looks out for the fellas
 He played good songs, nice build up but wack drops. Don,t get me wrong his song selection wasn't bad like my favorite "Bad" by David Guetta which was stuck in my head all night!  But that pretty much sums his EDM portion of the night. 
However he did play his classic hits "Yeah"and " Get Low". As well as some of today's Hip-Pop like " IDFWU" Big Sean and his opening and closing song "Tuesday" ILOVEMAKONNEN. Overall, his set wasn't bad if your anything like my friend Felix who was downing drinks back to back. But if your like half the people at Pacha u'll know trying to roll hard to  LIL JON is not the way to go! BAHhaHAha
He's  good time, I would recommend him for the hype but not for the true EDM experience!

Ravers take care of one another We are One Nation under One Beat Drop with One Love and that's Raving! In Plur I trust, In Plur you Trust,  In PLUR WE TRUST!-ProjectX



No comments:

Post a Comment